08 June 2006

WFMW June 7

I know this is a day late, but Blogger was acting up every time I tried to post yesterday.

My tip is very simple. It is how to get salt, pepper, or peppercorns from their storage containers to their shakers or grinder.

I take off the lid to the shakers or open the grinder door (have a nifty hand-squeeze grinder). Then, I put this teeny tiny funnel into the hole. It is no bigger than 3 inches across at the widest, and I think the funnel spout is about 1/2" dia, if not 1/4" across. Then, I just pour my salt, pepper, or peppercorns into it and close it up when done. The peppercorns sometimes get a bit fiddly and clog up the spout, but a few taps against the side of the grinder resolves this easily. Even with the fiddly peppercorn part, it is so much easier than trying to get the kids quiet and out of the kitchen long enough to wrestle with everything. Works for me!

1 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Mom2fur said...

I love funnels! I have several--including a teeny-tiny one like you described! They really do make it easier, don't they? (My favorite came with a canning kit--it's just the right size to pour leftovers into mayonnaise jars!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home